Tuesday, June 5, 2012

no fear

If you do not already get the Proverbs 31 daily email devotion, I would encourage you sign up today. I love how God times each message to me. You know fear is kind of an issue for me. Last week these verses were delivered straight to my inbox. Thank you, Lord, for getting to me. 



The Lord is my light and my salvation-whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life-of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1-2
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous hand. Isaiah 41:10
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Deuteronomy 31:6
For God did not give us a spirit of fear, but of love, power and a sound mind.1 Timothy 1:7
So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?” Hebrews 13:6
I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. Psalm 34:4

This was the same week that the preacher preached a sermon straight to me. You know the kind-- where you feel like you are the ONLY one in the sanctuary. I had tears streaming down my face the whole time. He recited my mantra-- 2Tim 1:7-- and said that Paul called it out in that verse. It is a SPIRIT of fear that we battle. And if you have been sanctified and set apart as God's child, then that spirit is an intruder. Man, that's good! I needed the reminder that I do not have to be afraid and God has already crushed satan's power.

No comments: