Thursday, July 23, 2015


I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that you are 4 years old. You're such an amazing kid, Dane.

You say "Chill up" instead of "Chill out".
You have memorized the names of more sea creatures than I could ever hope to, or would ever want to. ;)
You pray for us at every meal, and instead of saying the little prayer we taught you, you like to add "my family will be". You took that from I'll love you forever: "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living my baby you'll be." Sometimes people look up like they didn't understand what you said, but we know. And it makes us melt every time.
You share with Coop about 70% of the time, and the other 30% I am screaming down the hallway to LEAVE YOUR BROTHER ALONE.
You dance to fun music, you memorize movie quotes like a boss, you're a friend to everyone, and you already ask all the time, "Does that show God's love."
I don't know how we got so lucky, but man, did we ever hit the kid lottery with you, bud.

Happy 4th Birthday!

Special Birthday morning breakfast: donuts!!

Going to his very first movie theater experience: Minions.

He could pick any where for lunch... and he chose McDonald's.