Sunday, July 31, 2011

Dane's First Week

We had an awesome first week at home! Dane's Granna was the most amazing help. There are a few things that I've realized are so true. First, you really don't have any idea how much you'll love your tiny new baby. Tevie and I stare at him in complete awe. He is absolutely perfect in every way. I don't know how you can look at his perfect little fingers and toes and million different facial expressions and not fall head over heels... or deny that we serve a Great God. I've also come to love my parents in a whole new way. I don't know that I would have survived this first week without my supportive and loving husband and parents who are head over heels for their grandson.


Mom and dad left yesterday and it was probably the hardest goodbye I've ever said. These postpartum hormones are rough! I cry because Dane's growing too fast, I cry because I hate asking people to get things for me, I cry because I love my family so much. It gets better every day, thank goodness. :)


We're working on sleeping...sometimes we don't get a lot of it! :) God answered every prayer we prayed and gave us the most amazing little baby. He's a perfect nurser (perfect!!!), he takes good naps and loves to snuggle.


We've taken dozens of pictures and videos. Here are few from his first week.
Dane loves Granna










Papa J has magical baby-quieting powers! :)


early morning snuggle with Granna

No comments: