Tuesday, May 17, 2011

in the water

... is exactly where my toes will be in 24 hours! These poor swollen feet need a few days in the sand and ocean water to relax them, I think. 

At my check-up yesterday I asked my doctor how to prevent the swelling. I already watch my salt intake very carefully and drink GALLONS of water. And, no, that's not an exaggeration. I am constantly thirsty and drank 4.5 bottles of water from my 1quart water bottle- that's over a gallon. My doctor laughed and said, "Keep them elevated as much as possible and take birth control when you're not pregnant". He's a funny man. I'll definitely practice both of those! 

Each month at our board meeting I like to hold the little fetal models at the center. Can you believe my sweet boy is still this tiny? Why does it feel like he weighs 15lbs, is 4ft tall and carrying around a baseball bat, or pointy stick at the very least? :)

I love spending time with my family and have always loved road trips... well the trip to your destination, the trip home is never fun. Hopefully we come back refreshed and ready to welcome this sweet little boy home in just 11 weeks- that's 77 days!!! Where did the time go? Wasn't I just 11 weeks pregnant and now I only have 11 weeks to go. I think time moves at warp speed when you're frightfully underprepared for the arrival of your first child. 


As much as I love vacation, it's always hard leaving this sweet face for a week. Thankfully the pups don't have to go to puppy prison- I mean, the kennel- they get to stay at home and be cared for by a good friend. 

No comments: