Friday, March 18, 2011

halfway there!

This week marked the 20-week point in my pregnancy. It seems like it was just yesterday I was reading my pregnancy books thinking I'd never reach the halfway point, now I'm afraid August is going to be here before I know it! Here's what Little Man and I are looking like nowadays:
 In a week I went from hearing, "So, when you are supposed to start showing?" to "Whoa! Look at you!" Again, I try to remind myself that they are complimenting me... even if that "Whoa!" sounds all too much like what we yell at the pregnant horses on the farm. :) I've had trouble getting comfortable because my back aches. (PS: To my friends who will be pregnant in the future, when you read about the pain your sciatic nerve can cause, don't think it won't happen to you. If this little guy lays just right I can barely walk! As soon as he moves though, I'm good to go again.) Last night was the first night I couldn't get to sleep because he was kicking and rolling. Coolest feeling in.the.world! However, when it's bedtime, Little Man, we have to settle down and sleep! :)

Momma D and Poppa T Gooden made the first purchase for Little Man's room this week! My mother-in-law is a bargain shopper extraordinaire! If you tell her what you want she can usually find it in better style than you imagine for a lot less than you imagined. Tevie and I are so blessed to have such loving parents.


This weekend the big plan is to move the guest bed and other furniture into the spare bedroom and begin painting the nursery. After that's done, this big leather beauty will be moved into the nursery and out of the living room, but in the mean time, Tevie (ok, and me) is enjoying it in the living room. :)

Wishing you a blessed weekend!
--Allysa

1 comment:

For Nothing Is Impossible said...

Oh love, you are too gorgeous for your own good! That is definately a BOY bump (which is a super compliment!)

What color are you painting the walls in the nursery?