Monday, April 2, 2012

spring

I am so grateful we didn't have a typical wet, cold winter. Even still, it was wet and cold enough to keep me and Dane cooped up in the house for too long! We've been enjoying the spring weather. He loves to play outside in the grass and take walks around the neighborhood in his stroller. 
swinging at the park for the first time!

don't you wish you could strip down to a diaper when you got hot? :)

visiting daddy at work. The campus has the prettiest flowers and blooming trees in the spring!
Papa J and Granna sent Little Man a walker... he hasn't quite figured it out yet. He's getting better though. He can back himself into a corner but still doesn't understand the whole idea of the thing is to move forward.
Bathtime is our favorite time of day. Dane will splash for hours on end. He's going to be so much fun in the pool this summer!
It turns out feeding yourself is pretty hard work. He is getting better every day. Here he is eating a snack in the car.
 This was taken immediately after he pulled himself up for the first time. Apparently he was as shocked as we were that he could do it!

My birthday was Saturday. Tevie took me to Lexington for lunch at PF Chang's (our favorite!) and a little shopping. I got this dress but it turns out it is not AT ALL nursing friendly. So I returned it and got this one. Can't wait for the first opportunity to wear it! Dane and I spend our days in comfy stuff so we, okay I, love the chance to put on something other than yoga pants. After lunch and the mall we went shopping at a REAL grocery. You know, the kind that sells beer and fancy cheese! My love for cooking and my small town grocery don't mix, so I relish the opportunity to meander through a grocery in a big city. 

In case you're wondering, we got out of LEX before game time and the couch burning in the streets that followed. In fact, my entire birthday celebration was planned around being home in time for tipoff of the UK/UofL Final Four game. Tevie celebrated pre-game and post game. :)

In other news, my sweet boy has a very Lyle Lovitt-esque pompadour workin' on his noggin. Good thing he's cute! When we're out we usually hear "He is so beautiful!" first followed by "Look at that hair!"

I've tried smearing lotion in it after the bath to tame it... it doesn't work. Those crazy curls have a mind of their own. He is so precious! For his birthday present to me he decided to ROLL OVER! FOR THE FIRST TIME!!! Tevie and I squealed with excitement. And just in case that wasn't enough, he also decided to stand on his own for a few seconds- no leg to grip, to ottoman to lean on- just his two legs! Tevie asked if he was ready to mow the yard next! 

Next week we head out to Arizona and Texas to visit family. I can't wait to take pictures on the new DSLR my parents got me for my birthday! It's going to be a fun trip. Dane will get to see his great and great-great grandmas and some special aunts, uncles and cousins. We leave Easter Sunday. This year, just like last year, we are "Forgetting the Frock" and rockin' our t-shirts to support Orphan Care. Hop on over to my sweet, sweet friend Emily's blog to learn more about it. 

Oh, gotta run. Sounds like naptime is over!
--Allysa

No comments: