Tuesday, January 31, 2012

photo op

Just to take a minute to brag on myself: This morning I SINGLE-HANDEDLY  curled my hair, put on make-up and maneuvered a cart through the aisles of Wal-Mart. Doing that by myself is not praise-worthing, but when you literally do it with a single hand because you're holding a baby in the other one, well that makes this momma a little prideful! Likes I'm finally figuring this out!

My generous parents have loaned me their super amazing Canon and I love finding any excuse to take pictures of our sweet boy. The other day we did a "shoot" to get some memorable snapshots of what he was like at 6months old. Now, if I could just take a crash course in Photoshop...





talking to momma while she takes pictures





he looks JUST like his daddy's baby photos here. :)




over it, momma!

okay. i'll give you one more, but then we're finished!

cautiously trying a baby rice cake.

Perry Dane,

You are the most amazing thing that's ever happened to us! Last night, your daddy picked you up out of your bed so he could snuggle you just a little longer, and don't you know that melts your momma's heart! 

You can sit up on your own for a few minutes and you reach for everything within a mile of you. You babble and coo and even squeal with excitement sometimes. You love bananas, peaches, pears, and sweet potatoes. You could live without peas and mango! Every day with you is a new adventure. 

We're still waiting for you to rollover! Your doctor says you're very strong and told us to baby-proof the house because you'll be crawling soon! You enjoy playing in your exersaucer and pretty much refuse to lay down and play anymore- you want to sit up and see the world. 

I pray for you every single day. I pray you will love God's people and keep His word in your heart. You're going to do amazing things for the kingdom, my sweet boy. It's a blessing watching you grow!

We love you to the moon... and back!
Momma and Daddy

No comments: